Intriguing New York City – Part 2
New York City is one of the largest cities in the world with rich culture and history. This can also make New York very strange at times. In this blog post there are 9 random facts (part 2 of a series of four blog posts) about that Big Apple that will blow your mind.
1. There’s a man who mines sidewalk cracks for gold. He can make over $600 a week.
2. About 1 in every 38 people living in the United States resides in New York City.
3. The borough of Brooklyn on its own would be the fourth largest city in the United States. Queens would also rank fourth nationally.
4. New York City has the largest Chinese population of any city outside of Asia.
5. New York has the largest Puerto Rican population of any city in the world.
6. More than 47 percent of New York City’s residents over the age of 5 speak another language other than English at home.
7. New York’s Central Park is larger than the principality of Monaco.
8. Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
9. Manhattan’s daytime population swells to 3.94 million, with commuters adding a net 1.34 million people.
10. The borough of Queens has more languages than anywhere in the world. There are as many as 800 languages spoken in New York City. Nowhere in the world has more than Queens. It’s the language capital of the world.
Like & share
new york, top secrets, food, history, landmarks, lists, photography, queens, manhattan, brooklyn, things to do, tourslucas companintriguing new york seriesComment